Civil Engineer I
The Kent County Drain Commissioner's Office is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Civil Engineer I position. The Civil Engineer I specializes in storm water resource and environmental projects and is responsible for reviewing, planning, construction and maintenance of the Kent County storm water systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews and approves/rejects preliminary plat and/or site development for general storm water management concept.
- Reviews and approves/rejects construction plans and storm water management calculations and design for compliance with the Kent County Drain Commissioner Development Drainage Rules as well as relevant federal, state and local quality, safety and other standards, codes and regulations.
- Reviews the final plat and legal documents required for future maintenance of storm water management systems for adequacy prior to the execution and final acceptance.
- Inspects newly constructed development's storm water facilities to ensure it conforms to the approved construction plans and is stabilized prior to release of a surety bond and acceptance.
- Responds to residential inquiries regarding drainage
- Attends public meetings, local government commission meetings, State government meetings and makes presentations at said meetings.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution or an equivalent combination of education and engineering experience.
Incumbents may be required to possess or obtain site specific certifications or licenses including but may not be limited to, Fundamentals of Engineering Examination.
Please apply at: