A rapidly expanding, entrepreneurial technology company, Alarm.com, is seeking an ambitious, talented, entry-level Device Engineer with a B.A., B.S. or M.S. Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering Computer Science, or a similar engineering program. The Device Engineer position is ideal for candidates who want to work with technologies such as wide area cell networks (CDMA, 3G-HSPA, 4G-LTE), local mesh networks (ZWave, Zigbee…), smart sensors, and IoT devices, for home automation and security applications.
The Firmware Device Engineer’s primary job responsibilities will include:
- Developing, testing, and debugging embedded C software
- Coordinating with other departments, such as Quality Engineering, Software Engineering and Product Management to ensure on-time delivery of a fully tested and compatible device that meets customer satisfaction.
- B.A. or B.S. Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, MS is a plus (Liberal arts academic experience or interests is also a plus)
- Academic or commercial experience in development with microcontrollers, sensing devices, and embedded software. Embedded Linux or Android experience is a plus
- Experience in Embedded C programming. Atmel ARM experience is a plus
- Familiarity with communication protocols such as wide area cell networks, local mesh networks, or broadband networks
- Experience using revision control systems such as Git or SVN
- Familiarity in hardware design, and schematics is a plus
- Self-starter, analytical, tenacious problem solver
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail with focus on robustness, scalability, and quality of products
- Passion for working with technology and excitement for creating high quality consumer technology product
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and M2M technologies including wireless communication, video monitoring, smart home automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and other fun corporate events.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for the smart home. Millions of home and business owners depend on our technology every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. We make the Smart Home broadly accessible by enabling easy automation and control across a range of connected devices through our single, intuitive user interface. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for its employee culture and the meaningful work we do every day to develop and bring to market new technology that will make millions of people safer and help them use energy more efficiently. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them. Our solutions are exclusively distributed through a network of authorized service providers.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits including a wide choice of healthcare options with generous company subsidy, a health savings account option with company contribution, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure, paid maternity and paternity leave, company paid STD/LTD and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a casual dress work environment.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.