Embedded Software Developer Summer Intern
About our group:
We are a team within Systems Data Storage chartered with delivering applications and services to provide a cohesive management and user experience across Seagate systems product lines and applications. This layer of the software stack is responsible for data management, configuration of the storage, health and performance monitoring, and industry-standard interfaces and proprietary interfaces for continual maintenance and service of the storage system to well-known customers from internet-connected device data to huge databases on private clouds.
About the role - you will:
- Contribute to the Web Based Interface that is the top-most layer of the software stack. It is what the end-user interacts with for configuring, managing and monitoring the disk array system.
- Analyze user requirements and contribute to conceiving, designing, and developing these software specifications into embedded software for array devices.
- Assist in the resolution of software defects, contribute to design and code reviews, and maintain software design documentation.
- Learn to develop embedded software within a Linux framework.
- Write automated test cases for software quality assurance.
- Brainstorm ideas and drive design discussions with the local and global team.
- Passionate about user experience for developing software solutions
- Highly motivated developer that is interested in building software from concept to market
- Enjoy finding unique solutions to dynamic customer needs and requirements
- Creative problem solver
- A team-player willing to collaborate and communicate openly with the team
Your experience includes:
- Classwork or experience in front end development
- Familiar with vue.js or other frameworks such as Angular or React
- Developing in a Linux environment
- Version control in a team environment like git
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related degree and enrolled in Fall 2021 courses
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play Ping-Pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Interns typically work Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
Location: Longmont, United States