Data Science & Machine Learning Intern (Jan-May Internship)
About our group:
The Operations & Technology Advanced Analytics Group works on initiatives helping our internal customers turn the data they have into the information they need to develop and deliver industry-leading storage solutions.
About the role - you will:
- Develop state of the art analytics and data science solutions to solve/optimize technical problems in technical areas
- Utilize big data analytics tools and apply analytical techniques for data retrieval, preparation, and discovery
- Involve in advanced analytics projects and take part in the data science project journey from solution development to deployment
- Implement data science algorithm and utilize big data advanced analytics platform to create applications for stakeholders
- Create visualization output to illustrate prediction result
- Passionate about computer programming and data analytics
- Self-motivated, independent and a team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and proactive
Your experience includes:
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD program until May 2021 or later.
- Pursuing a degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical engineering, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Physics, or other related areas
- Programming experience in Python, Keras, Tensorflow, Flask and/or Django
- Experience in GIT, Docker container, Kubernetes, AWS, microservices
- Deep understanding and experience in machine learning/deep learning such as time-series analysis, CNN, NLP, text analytics or image analytics area
- Experience in 1-class, 2-class anomaly detection, unsupervised/supervised learning, time-series data analysis with RNN and other methods
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Location: Longmont, United States