Driver Assist Technologies Image Signal Processor Embedded Engineer
We bring engineering ideas to life. In Product Development, we make driving more exciting, enjoyable and sustainable. Ford’s Driver Assist and Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, software, and functional models that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems.
We are seeking professionals who can contribute to our efforts with experience in the development of sensors, ECUs, models, and software. This position is focused on embedded Image Signal Processing (ISP) development within an active safety ECU.
- Design and tune a real time image processing pipeline to supply computer and human vision data to consumers.
- Understand the complete, low-level flow of image data from imager through ISP to vision data consumers.
- Translate high-level software requirements and vision data consumer requirements into design choices.
- Assist in investigations of supplier candidate image processing hardware, including ISP accelerators and imagers.
- Document image processing pipeline implementation and facilitate reviews and discussions.
- Tune and integrate image processing software supplier API's.
- Assist vision data consumers with resimulation efforts and tuning version tracking.
- Assist other feature teams that utilize vision data with image quality analysis.
- Translate the necessary remaining work into agile stories and epics for prioritization.
- Identify areas of technology focus and push technology to achieve and maintain leadership for current and future generations of DAT vision hardware and software.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in embedded ISP software product development within an electronics discipline
- 2+ years of experience in C/C++ software development implementation
- 2+ years of experience in imaging, image processing and/or computer vision to support active safety features
- 2+ years of experience in measuring image quality such as MTF, color accuracy, and exposure error
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- Experience working in a Linux domain or equivalent
- Background in data analysis and scripting for tests (Matlab, Python)
- Experience with camera calibration such as lens distortion, lens shading, and camera pose
- Experience with communication protocols such as I2C, MIPI CSI
- Experience with Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN)
- Familiarity with view stitching and human view generation
- Familiar with traditional computer vision processing such as object detection, feature tracking, and optical flow
- Experience in low-level processing core architectures and low-level programming (ex. assembly)
- Relevant experience in all program phases from Pre-Program through Launch including one major program
- Proven ability to deliver complex solutions in an intensely collaborative product creation environment
- Team oriented, ability to work in cross functional groups and proven technical achievement
- Excellent communication skills both vertically and horizontally within the organization related to all aspects of technical leadership – written and verbal
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we’re Built Ford Tough. We’re one team striving to make people’s lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.