Remediation Hydrologist 2
This position fills a hydrogeologist role for the Redevelopment unit. This position exists to provide technical oversight and project management of environmental investigation and cleanup activities in support of property transfers and redevelopment at Brownfield sites. This position may also serve as technical analyst (Hydrologist) for assigned Superfund/Site Assessment projects, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following areas: Hydrology, Geology, Hydrogeology, Water Resources Management, Soil Science, Environmental Health; Environmental Science; or other closely-related environmental field; and two completed courses in Hydrology/Hydrogeology. [Candidates must list the two courses in Hydrology/Hydrogeology on their resume to qualify]
- Two years of professional experience as a Hydrologist or equivalent. Experience must include investigating and assessing risks from contaminated sites.
- Basic computer skills; proficiency in Word and exposure to Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to gain a complete understanding of the environmental regulatory process and procedures.
- Knowledge of statistical principles and methods of data analysis and ability to apply these methods.
- Good communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to bring projects to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Problem-solving skills for resolving complex technical matters.
- Experience with public communication efforts on health or environmental projects.
- Proven written and verbal communication and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- Advanced technical writing skills related to the remediation of contaminated soil, groundwater, and vapors.
- Proficiency with GIS.
- Ability to make environmental regulatory decisions based on limited data.
Travel is required. Some infrequent lifting of equipment and working out in the field in adverse weather conditions. Ability to conduct site visits which may involve climbing and/or stepping over obstacles and inspecting construction sites. Ability to use a computer and perform keyboard functions for multiple hours per day.
Driver's License Requirements
A driver’s license is an essential function of this position. This requires possession of an unrestricted Class D Driver’s License. The job offer is contingent on confirmation of a valid driver’s license AND a satisfactory DLR check. Requires a Class D Driver's License: a single unit vehicle with a gross vehicle weight of less than 26,000 pounds. This is a basic driver's license. Operators may also tow vehicles/trailers as long as the gross combination weight does not exceed 26,000 pounds
Why Work For Us
Our mission is to protect and improve the environment and human health. We work with many partners (citizens, communities, and businesses, all levels of government, environmental groups and educators) to prevent pollution, conserve resources, and to help ensure polluting does not have disproportionate impact on any groups of people. The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, a retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year. We emphasize work-life balance, and strive to have inclusive workplace for everyone.