Senior Project Manager (Housing Community Developer IV)
Manages the development, design and construction of major housing projects. Responsible for the overall management of capital improvement projects including land development, design, and construction of housing projects. Housing projects may include rehabilitation of existing buildings or new construction. Acting as the agency representative, responsible for the negotiations of Public-Private partnership agreements and manage project implementation, including schedule and budget. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local requirements. Conducts feasibility studies to determine projects' implementation strategies. Keeps stakeholders and community groups informed of project progress. Ensures design plans are coordinated with end users and stakeholders. Works with utility companies and designers to ensure utility conflicts are addressed in a timely fashion. Ensures housing project development, design and construction are completed on schedule, within budget, and meets project plans and specifications. Leads a diverse team of project stakeholders in the successful management of assigned projects using a team-based approach.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in urban/regional planning, architecture, engineering, land use planning or related field, plus four years of progressively responsible managerial experience in real estate development. A master's degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
Click here to learn how Fairfax County interprets equivalencies for "Any combination, experience, and training equivalent to"
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- Possession of a valid Virginia Professional Engineer or Architect license. An individual who possesses a valid Professional Engineer or Architect license in another state will be granted a temporary exemption to this requirement pending the ability to get the Professional Engineer or Architect license from the Board for Architects, Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, Certified Interior Designers & Landscape Architects within 12 months through review of that individual's application for reciprocity.
- Driver's license.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check and a driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in the development, budgeting, design, construction, project management, and construction contract administration of complex capital projects;
- Possession of a college degree in engineering or architecture;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal building codes;
- Demonstrated expertise in managing multiple capital projects concurrently;
- Demonstrated innovative and efficient project management practices;
- Experience in conducting public meetings on capital project issues;
- Experience with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project);
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative team environment; and be oriented toward providing outstanding customer service to user agencies and project stakeholders.
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. Ability to input, access, and retrieve information from a computer. Ability to walk, negotiate or traverse property sites that may be undergoing construction or having terrain that is not level. Duties may be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Fairfax County Government prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, or status as a veteran in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.