Supervises the assignment and completion of all Maintenance work performed in assigned area to insure maximum uptime of equipment; oversees the activities of the Mechanics assigned to work areas in a manner to assure compliance with company, state, and federal agency guidelines; maintains planned work schedules and handles emergency work resulting from rendering of required services; manages work order system within area of responsibility; ensures necessary inventories of equipment and supplies are available.
- Converts approved work schedules and emergency work requests into action-oriented plans. Provide necessary materials and equipment needed to complete work assuring proper training, qualifications and GMP compliance.
- Defines the priorities of subordinates; provides evaluation of performance to subordinates.
- Administers bargaining unit agreement to maintain effective communication with represented contingent; applies company policies relating to progressive discipline, overtime, vacations, and LOAs.
- Investigates major mechanical problem areas and determines best course of action for resolution; frequently checks subordinates’ work to assure quality and compliance with cGMPs.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through employee selection, training and mentoring while focusing on operational efficiency and the elimination of “non-value added” activities.
- Provide a positive and equitable working environment emphasizing the CSL Values: Customer Focus, Innovation, Integrity, Collaboration, and Superior Performance.
- Complies with requirements from CSL Behring’s Safety Program, including Health and Safety mandates and OSHA requirements.
- Completes any other duties/responsibilities assigned by senior management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is preferred. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree: An Associates Degree in a related field, Military training in a related field or extensive supervisory experience in the Maintenance field.
- With an Associate’s Degree, a minimum of 3 years experience in Maintenance is preferred. In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 7 years supervisory experience in the Maintenance field. Preferably in the pharmaceutical, food, or chemical processing industry.
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Computer Systems required.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Power Point preferred.
- SAP experience beneficial
1201 N. Kinzie
CSL Behring Kankakee
Full Time/Part Time
Equal Opportunity Employer
CSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please click below.