Plant Health Safeguarding Specialist, PPQ Technician, and various other entry-level positions
Hello and thanks for your interest in USDA APHIS PPQ! This is an Outreach Notice to let you know about 3 positions open for application until midnight on 1/19/21
We're actively recruiting for 3 Permanent opportunities for the brand new Asian Longhorned Beetle Cooperative Eradication Program near Charleston, South Carolina!! Click here to read about the work going on.
Please reach out to us with questions and check back next week.
Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator
New York and the Northern States
USDA APHIS PPQ
If selected you will serve in a vital role to safeguard U.S. agriculture and natural resources in coordination with state officials, other agencies, industry, and colleges, as a federal liaison for plant quarantine programs. The primary work includes import exclusion, complex treatments, export activities, permitting and compliance, as well as pest detection.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Duties are performed at Plant Inspection Stations, International Ports of Entry, and other geographical areas within the United States.
- Provide specialized inspection, regulation and clearance of propagative plant material, plant products and pest diagnostic identification services at plant inspection stations and other facilities.
- Interpret and enforce Federal and State domestic quarantines and regulatory orders restricting the inter/intra-state movement of plants, plant products, animal byproduct and other materials.
- Plan, conduct, and/or supervise various treatments such as disinfection, sterilization, fumigation, cold treatment, hot water treatment, irradiation for plant and animal pests and diseases.
- Manage multiple program areas such as: post entry quarantine, biological control, gypsy moth, grasshopper/cricket, noxious weeds, boll weevil, or other pests.
- Review permits, conduct inspections, prepare and execute compliance agreements, enforce policies regarding quarantine, and identify inspection sites.
- Serve as accredited certifying officials regarding export certification for trade facilitation.
- Track the progress and submit reports regarding program operations in specific geographical area assigned.