Trauma Program Manager/EMS Specialist (Registered Nurse)(Job Id 15477)
Job ID: 15477
Agency: Department of Health - Division of Health Systems Development and Regulation
Location: Pierre or Sioux Falls
Salary: $22.89 - $27.86, depending on experience
Closing Date: 01/22/2021
The South Dakota Department of Health’s programs and services help prevent illness and injury, promote healthy places to live, work and play; provide education to help people make good health decisions; prepare for, respond to, and prevent public health threats; and support efforts to enhance quality and accessibility of healthcare. Our services touch the lives of every person in the state of South Dakota.
We recognize that employees are our most valuable resource and we are committed to promoting a culture of excellence in DOH. We trust our employees to be innovative, challenge existing processes, and make the best decisions. We are interested in employing a diverse and skilled workforce that exhibits the values of leadership, accountability, communication, integrity, and teamwork. Public health is a diverse and growing field that offers many career options for people from a variety of educational backgrounds. Imagine yourself as part of a winning team that is making the lives of South Dakotans healthier and safer.
Please visit our website at http://doh.sd.gov/ for further information about the Department of Health.
The South Dakota Trauma System is a dynamic and highly functional statewide system of care with an objective to treat, transport, and continuously improve trauma care in South Dakota. The Trauma Program Manager (TPM) works directly with the state’s 60 healthcare facilities and 125 Emergency Medical Service agencies. The TPM is responsible for on-site trauma reviews at critical access hospitals and designated facilities. In addition, the TPM facilitates monthly regional performance improvement webinars, which is one of the pillars of the trauma system. The TPM day to day role supports local trauma coordinators/registrars along with trauma registry oversight and reporting.
The Trauma Program Manager serves an essential role in leading, promoting, and strengthening trauma care across South Dakota. The South Dakota Department of Health seeks an experienced healthcare leader to continue to build upon the successful efforts of the state’s trauma system.
Licenses and Certifications:
Must be licensed or be eligible to be licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in South Dakota.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- demonstrated experience in the care of the acutely injured trauma patient;
- thorough understanding of patient movement from the point of injury to definitive care;
- working knowledge of Emergency Medical Services in South Dakota;
- demonstrated history of effective communication and critical thinking;
- working knowledge of trauma registries with the ability to analyze and report findings;
- the ability to create excitement and program promotion.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with key healthcare partners;
- establish, execute, and improve program deliverables with continual review and reinforcement;
- work well in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision;
- thorough understanding of or ability to learn system of care development;
- demonstrated history of caring for acutely injured trauma patients;
- ability to review, analyze and report data effectively;
- knowledge of trauma registries and/or electronic medical record platforms;
- ability to adapt to changing healthcare needs;
- effective communication skills;
- strong critical thinking skills.
Additional Requirements: Please attach a resume with your application.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Apply by clicking on the green "Apply Externally" button.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"