Associate, Data Strategy
ASSOCIATE, DATA STRATEGY
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus’ proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We built Tempus to collect, structure, and organize data from disparate sources to power innovation and discovery. As a member of the Life Sciences Data Strategy team you will become an expert in Tempus’ data products to support the identification and execution of projects to advance our clients’ research, clinical and/or commercial programs.
What you’ll do
- Act as client-facing liaison between clients and internal Tempus stakeholders
- Work closely with business-development colleagues to craft thoughtful and relevant proposals to drive forward our clients’ most pressing asset development questions
- Optimize workflows with a focus on enabling processes to scale, including development of clean, high-quality client facing pitch and proposal materials
- Identify novel opportunities to apply Tempus data sets across cancer types for pharmaceutical and biotech customers
- Contribute ideas and expertise to organizational initiatives to enhance product offerings and optimize go-to-market strategies
What your background and interests might look like
- You have a demonstrated interest in the ‘business’ side of science in your background (e.g., consulting clubs, entrepreneurship courses, start-ups)
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit paired with a creative mindset to maximize Tempus market penetration in the midst of market competition
- You are committed to team and organizational success through demonstrated personal ambition and a ‘team-first’ collaborative attitude
- You have experience or a high interest in real-world and/or NGS (next-gen sequencing) data
- You thrive working both independently and in team settings and are able to prioritize multiple, competing tasks
- Ph.D. in cancer biology, molecular biology, immunology, bioengineering, computational biology, or related field highly preferred
- MBA or related business certificate is also a plus
- 0-2 years of industry experience in a related field (pharmaceutical / biotech, life sciences-focused consulting or banking)