Human Resources Intern
Commonwealth of Virginia
State Corporation Commission
Human Resources Internship
$15 / hour
The State Corporation Commission (SCC) is searching for talented, hard-working individuals interested in impacting the lives of Virginians during the summer of 2021. The SCC’s Division of Human Resources (HR) looks to fill 1 paid ($15/hour) internship that will offer the student the opportunity to support the SCC’s mission by assisting with the HR division’s strategic goals.
About the SCC
The SCC strives to create a balanced playing field not only for consumers, but for companies as well. We also play an important role in ensuring the safety of Virginia citizens in the areas of railroads and utility lines.
The HR internship responsibilities will include:
- engaging with and learning from senior-level staff members
- assisting with compensation related tasks such as job analysis and data review
- working with recruiters on initiatives such as employer branding and diversity and inclusion
- assisting with talent management tasks such as reviewing the talent cycle and providing feedback and recommendations
- researching and providing recommendations for overall diversity and inclusion initiatives
- analyzing and making recommendations for Millennial and Gen Z retention
- participating in an enterprise-wide project (TBD)
- HR or related major graduating between December 2021 and May 2022
- Ability to work 40 hours per week in a virtual work environment from May or June into August 2021
- Ability to strive in a team-oriented environment
- Strong analytical ability
- Natural inquisitiveness
- Exceptional reliability
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
The SCC is a state agency located in downtown Richmond, Virginia. The SCC has regulatory authority over many business and economic interests in Virginia. More information about the SCC may be found at its website: www.scc.virginia.gov.
The SCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The SCC uses the E-Verify system to confirm identity and work authorization and does not provide sponsorship. A background investigation is conducted on the selected candidate as a condition of employment.
It is anticipated this intern role will involve up to 100% remote work in a remote work environment.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume, and brief statement of interest, and unofficial transcript to Careers@scc.virginia.gov and list “Human Resources Internship” in the subject line of your email or apply directly through Handshake.