Systems and Architecture Engineer, Entry Level
Come join NXP and be a part of this highly visible team involved in the design and simulation of receiver DSP architecture, verification, silicon bring-up, RF modeling, and support for production/customer issues related to PHY layer performance and implementation of next-generation Wi-Fi chip-sets.
Responsibilities for this position include, but not limited to:
1) Draw concepts from wireless communication theory to devise and construct suitable experiments to test performance and identify system deficiencies with respect to physical layer metrics like packet error rate, interference rejection, etc
2) Support the evaluation and debug effort as silicon is characterized via various cycles of quality assurance all the way through production
3) Evaluate results, identify root-cause deficiencies, and develop improvements to design wherever applicable
4) Develop automation tools and/or software using C/C++ or similar programming language to automate performance evaluation and data extraction and analysis
- M.S.E.E. + or B.S.E.E + up to 2 years of experience (including internships) working in the wireless communications industry
- Understand the fundamentals of Signal Processing and Digital Communications
- Fluent in MATLAB and/or C/C++
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with MIMO and OFDM technologies
- Desirable to be familiar with IEEE WLAN 802.11 standards.
- Desirable to have scripting and automation skills