Business Systems Analyst (Operations and Policy Analyst 2)
Are you passionate about preserving, enhancing, and protecting Oregon’s environment? If so, please consider a career with the State of Oregon at the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ). At DEQ, employees have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and supportive team of mission-focused individuals tasked with maintaining, restoring, and enhancing the quality of Oregon’s air, land, and water. Here is a video about DEQ: https://youtu.be/iP3K7JoLe1k
The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality has a full-time opportunity available for a Business Systems Analyst (Operations and Policy Analyst 2) located at DEQ’s Headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
Please consider joining an innovative team, and work to advance our agency’s mission to protect and improve Oregon’s environmental quality. The Central Services Division (CSD) assists the Agency in achieving its mission by providing central management services for the agency in accounting, budgeting, information systems, human resources, health and safety, training, policy and organizational development, purchasing, and facilities management. The division serves headquarters and 3 regional divisions, the Vehicle Inspection Program, and the Laboratory and Environmental Assessment Division. Services are provided for over 700 positions, various local and regional governments, and directly to citizens. Click here to view a map of all of the DEQ offices.
What you will do!
You will conduct research and analysis of DEQ systems and processes to inform and facilitate process improvements. You will provide expert consultation and guidance to agency staff to ensure efficient and effective use of DEQ’s technology applications, systems, and services. You will develop system requirements for problem resolution, system maintenance, system enhancement, and new application procurement and/or development projects. In addition, you will assist with advanced configuration, testing, and support for Software as a Service (SaaS), cloud services, and applications. Finally, you will develop workflows to automate business processes, using both modeling tools and software-based workflow systems.
What’s in it for you!
The opportunity to work in a productive and creative environment where no two days are ever the same! We offer a competitive benefits package that offers comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for the employee and their qualified family members, as well as paid sick leave, vacation leave, personal leave, and 10 paid holidays a year. In addition, we offer membership in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), and you have the opportunity to potentially receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). If you are passionate about Oregon's environment, apply today!
This is a full-time, AFSCME represented position.
This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or public administration, behavioral or social sciences, finance, political science, or a related degree, AND 2 years of professional-level evaluative, analytical, and planning work (an equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable).
- Excellent analytical, documentation, and diagramming skills; expertise in written and verbal communication.
- Proven knowledge of the principles, methods, and standards related to business systems analysis.
- Experience with process development, process improvement, and change management.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with shifting priorities; flexibility; strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with configuration and testing of Software as a Service (SaaS), cloud services, and other applications.
- Experience using modeling tools and software-based workflow systems.
- Experience analyzing processes and functions, and communicating objectives to technical staff, professional staff, managers, and other employees; ability to effectively communicate ideas, recommendations, and technical information to technical and non-technical people.
Work is primarily in an office setting. Some state and interstate travel required to attend conferences and meetings, and to provide technical trainings and other project activities.
How to Apply: (complete the application in full)
- External Applicants Click on the “Apply” button and submit your application. Click this link for the External Candidate job aid, and view this video for additional information.
- Internal Applicants (current State of Oregon employees): Apply through your employee Workday account. View this job aid for assistance.
- Be sure to attach a resume and cover letter.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to complete and submit the application, resume, and cover letter.
- Workday will timeout after 20 minutes of inactivity.
- This posting closes at 11:59 PM on the close date listed.
- Be sure to check both your email and Workday account for updates regarding this recruitment.
- Workday performs best in Google Chrome.
- Click here for Resources and a Job Support Page.
Please Note: In addition to your related work experience and education, DEQ will use the desired attributes and minimum qualifications above, under the “What are we looking for?” section to determine whom to interview. Please make sure your attributes and minimum qualifications are clearly demonstrated in your application material.
DEQ provides veterans’ preference points to all eligible veterans. For more information, please go here: https://www.oregon.gov/jobs/Pages/Veterans.aspx. For privacy reasons, please do not attach veterans’ preference documents when initially applying. You will be asked to submit those at a later time.
As an employer, the State of Oregon complies with HB 2005, the Pay Equity Bill. We do not discriminate on the basis of protected class in the payment of wages, and we do not screen applicants on the basis of their current or past compensation. Please visit http://www.oregon.gov/das/hr/pages/equity.aspx for more information.
DEQ does not offer visa sponsorships. Within three days of hire, all applicants will be required to complete the US Department of Homeland Security’s Form I-9, confirming authorization to work in the United States.
If you have questions about the recruitment or need assistance to participate in the application process, please contact Maddy Ouye, Human Resources Analyst, at email@example.com or (503) 347-5759. TTY users: please use the Oregon Telecommunications Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, veteran, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability, and is committed to workplace diversity.