Mental Health Professional
Responsible for coordinating and providing mental health care to inmates at the El Paso County Criminal Justice Center (CJC). Provides clinical services under the direction of a Licensed Mental Health Director. This position is subject to contract funding.
- Provides interim mental health care for court identified competency concerned inmates awaiting transfer for restoration services.
- Follows up with referrals regarding mental health, acute psychosis, substance abuse, cognitive issues, or TBI related histories.
- Develops, administers, and documents client treatment plans; makes referrals for psychiatric appointments.
- Completes behavioral health assessments using approved screening tools.
- Coordinates care for competency concerned inmates with State Forensic Navigators.
- Develops individualized transition plans.
- Facilitates and documents psychoeducation and therapy groups.
- Provides crisis intervention services for inmates at CJC.
- Routinely follows up with inmates experiencing behavioral health and/or substance related concerns.
- Participates in staff meetings and ongoing training.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Master's degree in human behavioral science, social science, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Experience working in a jail or correctional facility preferred.
- Working knowledge of community organizations and behavioral health resources.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to write and maintain accurate records and reports to meet management objectives.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing multiple tasks and the ability to complete projects in a timely manner. Ability to respond in a flexible manner and reprioritize work as situations change.
- Ability to communicate, motivate, and organize projects among a broad spectrum of personnel and community partners region-wide, frequently under deadline pressure.
- Skill in demonstrating a cooperative, professional attitude to cultivate relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and sound judgment by taking appropriate actions regarding questionable findings or concerns.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to perform under pressure and when confronted with persons acting under stress.
- Skill in using a computer and various software packages including Microsoft Office.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the education and experience requirements above.
- Must pass conditional post offer background investigation, truth verification examination, motor vehicle record check, and drug screen.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment to include a detentions facility; some travel may be required. May encounter some hazards to personal safety through contact with potentially violent inmates. Must be available to work variable hours including weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.elpasoco.com For inquiries please call: 719-520-7401.
Each applicant is considered only for the current vacancy indicated on your application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor any future openings and to submit a separate application for each position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Any new employee and rehires must provide documentation of authorization to work as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (PL99-603).
EL PASO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER