The City of Takoma Park is seeking an Accounting Assistant to perform clerical duties in support of the City's accounting functions.
Typical Duties include:
- Performing accounts payable and accounts receivable functions;
- providing customer service at the cashier window; receiving and reconciling cash receipts from customer payments;
- transporting deposits to the bank;
- filing financial and other documents;
- assisting with document conversion to an electronic format;
- preparing invoices for distribution.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required to be successful include:
- Customer service best practices;
- basic mathematics;
- computers and job-related software programs;
- problem solving;
- planning, prioritization, and multi-tasking;
- interpersonal relations;
- excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of specialized training in accounts payable, accounts receivable, customer service, or a related field of work, in addition to basic skills commonly associated with a high school education;
- sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, commonly associated with one to two years of experience in a related position;
- must have the ability to be bonded.
The hourly wage for this position is expected to be between $19.58 per hour and $23.07 per hour.
Please visit www.takomaparkmd.gov to apply.
The City of Takoma Park is a small jurisdiction in Montgomery County, Maryland bordering the District of Columbia and Prince George’s County. Inhabited by a diverse and politically active population of 17,000 citizens, Takoma Park is known for its progressive policies, historic tree-lined neighborhoods, and independent businesses. We are proud to be a workforce of almost 200 full-time and part-time employees that are as diverse as the community we serve. We strive to maintain excellent customer service and responsiveness to our residents and everyone we work with. It is with this in mind that we seek to improve by championing quality and efficiency through a dedicated workforce and cooperative spirit.
The City of Takoma Park is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the residents we serve and the area in which we live. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where employees of diverse backgrounds can thrive and make a positive impact in the services we provide.