Engineering Inspector (Temporary Position)
Under general supervision, performs technical work involving inspections of construction of public works and utilities projects to ensure compliance with Town engineering standards. Is responsible for preliminary, on-going and final inspections of projects. Reports to Chief Engineering Inspector.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Inspects water, wastewater, drainage, road paving, sidewalks, and other public works and utilities construction projects to assure conformance with approved plans and specifications; makes routine field tests of construction materials; prepares and maintains related reports and records.
- Meets and confers with private engineers, developers, contractors, builders, etc. to review and advise on construction engineering plans
- Confers with and advises the general public concerning minor problems and complaints associated with water systems construction projects by developers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from high school or vocational school
- 2 years of experience in public works construction or inspections work.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License with a good driving history.
- This position is budgeted at twenty seven (27) hours per week.
- PLEASE NOTE: This posting is to fill a temporary vacancy available until January 2022 in the Engineering Department. There are no benefits allotted for this position.