Engineer II - III (Consultant Management Engineer)
*** $2,500 Hiring Incentive! ***
Current Department of Transportation Employees do NOT qualify for the Hiring Incentive.
Job ID: 15576
Agency: Department of Transportation; Division of Planning and Engineering; Office of Road Design
Salary: $27.98 - $33.58 per hour; depending on knowledge, skills and abilities
Pay Grade: E2 - E3
Closing Date: 02/08/2021
This is a full-time position with the Department of Transportation. For more information about the Department of Transportation, please visit https://dot.sd.gov/.
This position will administer consultant work orders and be the responsible manager for various consultant projects in the Office of Road Design. This position is responsible for directing the consultant's work, answering questions and making sure project schedules are met; and will also assist in final plan reviews of various projects.
This position works in a typical office environment with occasional travel to attend various inspections, landowner meetings, public hearings, etc. and on projects coordinated by the successful applicant.
Qualifications of the successful applicant will determine the engineering classification level assigned. Salary will be set depending on qualifications.
Depending upon experience level, applicants should possess or be eligible to obtain either FE or PE license.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Only applicants with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field will be considered. Three to seven years of transportation engineering experience is preferred.
- mathematical principles and engineering principles and practices applied in Civil Engineering;
- federal and South Dakota's current design standards and specifications for roadways;
- practical construction concepts.
- communicate information clearly and concisely, both orally and written;
- effectively use Microsoft Office products.
- interpret, understand, and implement state and federal laws and rules; and department standards, policies, and procedures;
- effectively plan, prioritize, and organize work and project details to meet schedules and deadlines;
- establish and maintain good working relationships with coworkers, consultants, local governments' staff, and the public;
- multi-task and be a self-starter;
- work individually and as part of a team.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information please visit https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Apply by clicking on the green Apply Externally button.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Fax: 605.773.4344
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"