Part Time Intern, Information Technology for Police Department
The City of Delray Beach is seeking an IT Intern to participate in an internship program. This is a perfect opportunity for a college student to get hands-on training and real-world experience in the IT field.
***Hours: Maximum 29 hours per week***
The City of Delray Beach does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex,
religion, age or disability, marital status, family status or sexual orientation in employment or the
provision of services.
The City will not consider applicants who have used tobacco products for a period of at least three months prior to application for employment. The definition of "tobacco products" shall include, but is not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, pipes, and snuff.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Install and help implement personal computer hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with desktop computers, laptops, network printers, scanners,
- smart-phones, and other Police specific technology items.
- Assist with documentation of processes as it pertains to Business Continuity.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal characteristics:
- Coursework in Information Technology, Information Systems or Computer Science
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to employ critical thinking to accomplish goals
- Strong organizational, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City employees and citizens
- Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time
- Ability to maintain professional (business casual) dress and grooming
- Knowledge of city government and interdepartmental relationships
- Understand role of IT in a Public Safety environment
*** Current undergraduate or graduate college student in IT field.***
STEPS IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
1.) Online Application
2.) Oral Board interview
3.) Polygraph examination
4.) Psychological examination
5.) Background investigation
6.) File Review
7.) Chief's interview
8.) Medical examination
***NOTE: You will receive an email notification at each step. Therefore, please be sure to have a valid email address for proper notification.***
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, bend and stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Works inside in an office environment and outside in various weather conditions.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job-related tests might be required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement with the employer, and requirements of the job change.